Wednesday 24 October 2012

India

I've just found out I'm going to India for 5 days in 3 weeks time as my Mam's client has invited us over. I'm really excited as it somewhere I've always wanted to go and will be very different to the other places I've been on holiday. We are going during Diwali which sounds amazing and is the festival of light, i am also going to see the Taj Mahal which looks like such an amazing place. 

"Diwali" translates into "row of lamps". Diwali involves the lighting of small clay lamps filled with oil to signify the triumph of good over evil. These lamps are kept on during the night and one's house is cleaned, both done in order to make the goddess Lakshmi feel welcome. Firecrackers are burst in order to drive away evil spirits. During Diwali, all the celebrants wear new clothes and share sweets and snacks with family members and friends. 

I think this sounds such a nice thing to celebrate and is going to be an experience to look forward too, I'm excited to see what India is like. The only problem is buying summer clothes now its winter! I haven't got a lot of clothes that go past my knees which you have to wear over in their country, I'm going to take my maxi skirt and hopefully find a maxi dress and cardigans and tops to cover my shoulders, I'm definitely going to be getting a henna tattoo on my hand while I'm there, they are really pretty. 

So if any one has ever been to India or any country with a strong religion, let me know what you wore! 










No comments:

Post a Comment